Friday, January 23, 2015

Energizer headlamps

I was recently in the market for a new headlamp. The HQ one from Sportsmans Guide I had been using continually got turned on in my bag or just eats batteries for some reason. I haven't decided which yet. Other than that I liked it for the most part.
I decided I would just get a cheap Ozark Trail one from big box mart when I stumbled across a two pack of 50 lumen Energizer headlamps they had on the shelf for around $12. I like Energizer well enough so I decided to give them a shot. They run on 3 AAA batteries which are considerably cheaper than the 123A batteries that my previous headlamp used so that was a plus.
Out of the package the headlamps are ready to go. You don't even have to install the batteries. The headlamps have a high, low and off setting. That's it. No flashing modes, nothing special, which is what I wanted. You can tilt the unit to adjust where the light points and adjust the headband.
I now have a new headlamp for my day bag plus one for my multi-day pack.
Time will tell how they hold up but for the price I can afford to replace them if need be.
What headlamp do you carry, or do you even carry one? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment